Government Relations DirectorPostuler maintenant Postuler ultérieurement Identifiant de l’offre d’emploi 765330BR Emplacement Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Entreprise Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date de publication 02/09/2020
Résumé du poste:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort (“HKDL”) is under the ownership of a joint venture established by the Hong Kong Government and The Walt Disney Company. This role is responsible for crafting and managing the execution of government, political and industry relations strategies to ensure that HKDL is positioned as a well-run company among local and regional stakeholders, build HKDL’s leadership position in Hong Kong’s tourism industry and garner support for its continuous development. By cultivating relationships with government, key political and industry stakeholders, this role focuses on creating positive advocates and offering timely, relevant insights and inputs in HKDL’s business and operations decision process. This is a key leadership role supporting the Managing Director and Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs in managing working relationships with the government shareholders and government partners as policy makers / regulators in the best interest of the resort and to successfully influence legislative and regulatory outcomes. The person needs to operate in an unclear or ambiguous environment and provide very clear and focused strategies as government regulations are changing constantly.
The role is also a critical team member to help build and protect HKDL’s image and reputation in an increasingly challenging political and external landscape. A keen understanding of various stakeholder and their motivations is important in order to build a comprehensive Government relations strategy. The successful candidate needs to partner well with all Lines of Business and contribute in the formulation of strategies to achieve HKDL’s strategic objectives, including operation and expansion-related licensing and permit matters. Leveraging relationship and network established with government partners as well as knowledge of government operations, the person works to create a favorable and business friendly climate for the company.
- Identify business needs, formulate and execute HKDL’s core strategies and outreach and lobby key government officials and public bodies with a view to enhancing the corporate reputation and securing necessary support for key milestones and development projects
- Anticipate and identify potential/emerging sensitive issues in the public domain that relate to the company. Ensure mitigating solutions will be developed for different stakeholder groups to influence them to understand and support HKDL’s position
- Synergize efforts with Communications and Public Affairs teams and other Lines of Business to identify and build coalition among government and political stakeholders that would promote HKDL’s reputation and business activities. Based on HKDL’s business needs, this role may also require to cover the development of government relationship beyond Hong Kong
- Devise and execute relationship management strategies through HKDL’s connection with various business and industry associations
- 12+ years’ experience in Government Relations/Public Administration/Public Affairs/Communications or related fields
- Tangible experience working in political office or a government agency is a bonus
- Proven strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Fluent in oral and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Solid understanding of operations and policy making process of the government in Hong Kong as well as political acumen; understanding the government relationship beyond Hong Kong would be a plus
- Ability to appreciate and navigate through the complexity of business operations and closely collaborate with internal partners
- Strong and creative problem solving skills, as well as proactive team collaboration to reach timely and practicable solutions with internal or external partners in an increasingly challenging political and business environment
- Able to comprehend and process complex information for strategies formulation, as well as to balance multiple needs and integrate inputs from various internal partners and external stakeholders
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to simply complex ideas for leadership
- Possess strong leadership and experience in championing changes, motivating and influencing people
Informations Supplémentaires:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Sur Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Depuis son ouverture en 2005, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort a accueilli des millions d’hôtes de Hong Kong, de Chine continentale, d’Asie du Sud-Est et de plus loin à l’étranger. En tant que premier complexe hôtelier Disney en Chine, il propose des offres de divertissement primées et originales, ainsi que des services à la clientèle spécialement conçus pour une clientèle internationale, tous facilités par les Cast Members multilingues du complexe.
Sur The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, avec ses filiales et ses sociétés affiliées, est une grande société internationale et diversifiée de divertissement familial et de médias couvrant les secteurs d’activités suivants : réseaux de médias, parcs et centres de vacances, studio de divertissements, produits de consommation et médias interactifs. Depuis ses modestes débuts en tant que studio de dessins animés dans les années 20 jusqu’à son statut de référence dans l’industrie du divertissement d’aujourd’hui, Disney poursuit fièrement sa tradition de création d’histoires et d’expériences exceptionnelles pour tous les membres de la famille. Les histoires, les personnages et les expériences de Disney touchent les consommateurs et les visiteurs du monde entier. À travers nos activités présentes dans plus de 40 pays, nos employés et cast members collaborent pour créer des expériences de divertissement appréciées à la fois au niveau universel et local.
Le poste est rattaché à Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited , qui fait partie du secteur d’activité que nous appelons Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.